Anna is FULL TERM - 37 weeks!!

So we went to the doctor today. She told us no more than one week or two. Jon's big test is a week from Tuesday, so really she can't come until then. BUT anytime after that and he can help me until my mom comes!
We took a tour of the hospital after our visit. It was NICE, ten times better than any hospital I've seen in the States! No kidding. Of course we'll be taking lots of pictures and will post them when the day arrives.
As usual I have "taken too much weight". I had lost weight at my last visit from being sick and dehydrated and she STILL scolded me when the baby was too big in the sonogram. After that I decided to stop trying to avoid her scolding me and just relax. Since that decision my visit wasn't as dreadful
even though I still got lectured. (Little does she know that I am a dietitian and,
despite what she thinks, know that among several other contradictions vitamins don't make you gain weight!) I am starting to get carried away. Can you tell this has been an issue?
See what a great job they do? This is after wearing them all day. I'll have to post a pic of this ankle when I am NOT using the hose!
Where does it hurt?
3/14/05 Lauren's cough continues, and after her heartbreaking cries of, "I don't like my cough." I asked her where it hurt, thinking it could be either her throat or her chest. She said, "Right here." Then mouth wide open she pointed to her throat with her entire hand in her mouth and her finger at the back until she gagged.
2/19/08 This morning, we are eating breakfast when J interrupts the brief silence with a small basement burp. Without missing a beat, Lauren says, "What do you say, Daddy?" He excuses himself, then still in her motherly tone adds, "We don't fart at the table do we?"
Junk Food
9/16/08 Yesterday Lauren learned the difference between junk food and healthy food. So this morning, when she saw Rissie with a piece of candy, she said, "Mom, can I please have some junk food?"
2/9/08 Today Lauren asked me to redo her hair because it was "falling off!"
Cookie Dough
L: (in her sweetest voice) "Mom, can I have some cookie dough please?"
M: "Sure."
L: "Well," pause, "do you think you can get it from the fridge so I can like it?"
4/20/2008 So Lauren got some gum (not a fan) for being a good girl. Later, Jon asked her if she had swallowed it. She said, "No." Then he asked if she threw it away. She said, "No." So he asked her where it was, she told him it was in her throat.
L. and R. have been singing and dancing to their new piano that plays fun tunes. L. has been learning them and singing them around the house. A few days ago I overheard her sining, "Mary had a little sheep, little sheep, little sheep,...
Finding the Moon
Lauren shouts, "Grandma, there is the moon!" She started singing Twinkle Little Star, but in the mean time we had turned the corner and she soon discovered it was gone. So she tells Grandma, "We need to find another moon." 01/13/08
Kids are the best source of laughter
- I was getting dressed and L happened to be there and as I reached for my br_ she asked, "Mom, you put your b__bs on?"12/07
- R had gotten in trouble for something, then after some reflection L said matter of factly, "Well, she's learning."12/07
- L just told Jon to look at her stomach then lifted her arm, pulled down her sleeve, and showed him her armpit.12/07
17 comments:
You are a very cute pregnant lady; you look like you're just packing a basketball. Hang in there. Hope your baby respects that big test coming up!
Becky, you look absolutely fabulous! (Mexican doctors are so notorious for being obsessed with weight-gain; tell her she can take that weight and put it in her nose because you are FINE!!! Hate to break it to her, but pregnant=weight-gain!) Sheesh. I would give her a piece of my pregnant-mind if I were you ;) and don't you let her mexican-mindedness push you to a c-section because she's afraid you've gained "too much" - sonograms are never accurate, and I'm sure you know all of this already. But man, nothin' gets me more revved up than a know-it-all, pushy mexican dr. ;) - I let my doc down there hear my opinion pretty clearly, and he was pretty much in culture shock. haha. Okay, I'll get off now. Good luck with everything - we'll be prayin' for ya!! (and John too)
Hey becky, now fun to hear from you! You are just the cutest prego girl I've ever seen, your little tummy looks ready to burst! It sounds like you are living in Mexico? How did you end up there? We are just all spread out over the world aren't we?
Corrine in England
Becky, you look so good! It does look like a ball in there. Good luck with all that will happen the next few weeks!
You look so awesome! I am dying laughing at the small bathroom picture. That is priceless!
Oh gosh, we've heard some great stories about OB issues from Kyle's OB rotation this last month.
I can't wait to see your cute little baby. I feel bummed that I'm not there to offer to help. Will we see you next semester? I can't remember which semester Jon is in and what your plans were.
Hanna
Hurray! Anna is coming! Now is your chance to gain all the weight you want, she can't lecture you much after this! Can you imagine if you really had a complex about your weight beforehand? That would be brutal. I think you look great. She really pokes out the front! Good luck to Jon and to the baby too!
I was surprised when you mentioned the doctor scolding you about weight. I think you look great! Just a skinny lady with a big basketball belly.
That was very funny about your bathroom! I laughed out loud (which was good for me because I had just finished reading the post about Keira.)
Can't wait to see pictures and even better, HOLD her!
You sure are pretty for popping out in every direction anna can go!
ok, seriously, it looks like you have a ball under your shirt. You look so good!
Sorry about the swollen ankles though- luckily i never experienced that.
You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! I love the description of the bathroom woes - I just laughed. Good luck delivering that big ball of energy! :) Can't wait to see pictures! :)
Wow! You are really poking out there! You look great! I can't believe your Dr scolded you about weight! That would tick me off! I can't believe you're so close to delivery!! Good luck!!!
You seriously are the cutest pregnant girl ever! I think that the Dr. may need a little dose of the crooked finger poked into her face! Most people don't look as good as you do when they aren't pregnant! And I laughed out loud at my desk reading about your bathroom. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see a picture of another gorgeous blonde:)
I agree with what everyone else has said. You do look like you stuffed something in your shirt, you are definatley skinny, your ankles are sad, and hurray she's almost here!! I can't wait to see her and the rest of you of course!
I can't wait to hear the news about Anna's arrival. Those support hose would look great with a pair of capris that I have. Where did you get those?
It's time! Can't wait to get there. Just hope Anna can wait.
Oh Becky, I remember those ankles, aren't you glad it's not permanent!
Todd says these pictures look so fake!
Post a Comment