What's happened with the Jenkins? -- Blue Island
Where does it hurt?
3/14/05 Lauren's cough continues, and after her heartbreaking cries of, "I don't like my cough." I asked her where it hurt, thinking it could be either her throat or her chest. She said, "Right here." Then mouth wide open she pointed to her throat with her entire hand in her mouth and her finger at the back until she gagged.
2/19/08 This morning, we are eating breakfast when J interrupts the brief silence with a small basement burp. Without missing a beat, Lauren says, "What do you say, Daddy?" He excuses himself, then still in her motherly tone adds, "We don't fart at the table do we?"
Junk Food
9/16/08 Yesterday Lauren learned the difference between junk food and healthy food. So this morning, when she saw Rissie with a piece of candy, she said, "Mom, can I please have some junk food?"
2/9/08 Today Lauren asked me to redo her hair because it was "falling off!"
Cookie Dough
L: (in her sweetest voice) "Mom, can I have some cookie dough please?"
M: "Sure."
L: "Well," pause, "do you think you can get it from the fridge so I can like it?"
4/20/2008 So Lauren got some gum (not a fan) for being a good girl. Later, Jon asked her if she had swallowed it. She said, "No." Then he asked if she threw it away. She said, "No." So he asked her where it was, she told him it was in her throat.
L. and R. have been singing and dancing to their new piano that plays fun tunes. L. has been learning them and singing them around the house. A few days ago I overheard her sining, "Mary had a little sheep, little sheep, little sheep,...
Finding the Moon
Lauren shouts, "Grandma, there is the moon!" She started singing Twinkle Little Star, but in the mean time we had turned the corner and she soon discovered it was gone. So she tells Grandma, "We need to find another moon." 01/13/08
Kids are the best source of laughter
- I was getting dressed and L happened to be there and as I reached for my br_ she asked, "Mom, you put your b__bs on?"12/07
- R had gotten in trouble for something, then after some reflection L said matter of factly, "Well, she's learning."12/07
- L just told Jon to look at her stomach then lifted her arm, pulled down her sleeve, and showed him her armpit.12/07
6 comments:
I can't believe all the places you've lived with your little family. What fun adventures, always something new.
It reminds me of Logan...:)
Beautiful houses! I love your family picture in the header! I'm glad you did the recap of where you've lived. It was hard to keep track ;).
no wonder you love it there! These pics are a lot better than the google map shots i was looking at. I think of you every day and i promise one of these next few days will result in an actual phone call. i am off to help at alli's school book fair. love you and love the posts!
Cool pictures! I love the old houses!! Hope you can get settled in soon!
Some of the pictures remind of Logan, but oh what a pretty place. Even if it's far away, it's YOUR home. That's says a lot.
Post a Comment