Advisory: Not suggested for the not-yet mothers.I LOVE being a mom. I can't imagine my life without these little sweeties. Life gets pretty crazy around here and there are moments when I shout to Jon, "I'm losing it!" And being the wonderful support that he is, will come running to my aid. Lauren is a great helper. Rissie is a sweetheart. Anna is usually the reason I shout for help. Ha ha! (...as she continues to potty train herself against all my efforts to stop this from happening! Most the time she's pretty good, it's when I find a naked dirty bum then the clean childless diaper that I begin to panic - and go hunting. She is so proud of herself too.) She is a lot of work, but, oh I love that little girl! Kade has been such a good baby, I really can't complain. When his eyes connect they don't turn away. We've had several conversations when his spirit talks to mine for long precious moments.
I don't mind sharing this because I know that any one of you who is reading this knows me and probably has experienced the same thing in some way or another in your own life.
For me, this thing has been having four young kids so close together. I have been aware from the moment we learned we were expecting that this would be a challenge to say the least. I have also felt that this baby was not a mistake or an accident, even though it wasn't planned. That is to say it wasn't planned to come so soon. In that moment, I plead with tears of inadequacy that I would be given help beyond my own abilities. Now that the challenge is here I have to share with you that I am a witness of being strengthened through adversity. Every day sees pandemonium and yet we make it through...most the time without losing it. I need to be more organized, more patient, more efficient, etc., so through necessity - I am. At day's end I recognize things I should have done better, but even then it's a far cry from where I would be without the heaven sent help! My life is better with four. My need to be a better person is less selfish and therefore more worthwhile. I think I have gained a glimpse of what Matthew meant when he said, “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it". I run the risk of sounding self-righteous by saying that, but I don't take credit for this understanding, rather I am merely grateful for it.
I LOVE being a mom - my joy is full!
7 comments:
"We've had several conversations when his spirit talks to mine for long precious moments."
That's beautiful. I'm so glad you have heavenly help every day. It's when we need it most that we see its daily blessing. You have an adorable family!
Becky, what a neat post about being a mom. I feel those ways most of the time. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you're a great mom.
I wish I could come to your house and help :) I would say I will plan a trip and come, but I think all my spare change is going towards fixing my own ability to have little ones!! Hopefully I will be loosing it too shortly!
Becky you are such a great Mom! These days are hard, but so very precious. I'm glad you appreciate them.
Thank you for sharing these precious moments and touching insights. Sometimes all we can do is try harder tomorrow, and try to be more 'in tune'. You are right on, Becky. :)
Oh, how I love those "conversations".
I'm glad to have a kindred spirit in you to share insight given from our own things
Oh Miss Becky... how truly wonderful you are. You're an amazing person which translates into a fabulous mom.
I came across a couple of notes you wrote for me in college. How dear a friend you are.
Post a Comment