In Bear Lake with the Jenkins - I should let Jon narrate the swimming/sledding party. I was home in bed all week so Jon took the kids without me (he is so awesome). But from all the reports I heard they all had a great time (although apparently Kade didn't like the sledding as much). Mikell and Braden came with Uncle Jared, while Aunt Andrea stayed home to recover from her foot surgery with Kelten. Aunt Missy and soon to be Uncle Josh joined in the fun along the Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jenkins.
Ice Skating with the Lee's
Ice Skating was a hit! The kids totally loved it. Kade would cry anytime Jon brought him to me. So he basically spent the entire two hours on the ice. Rissie was non-stop go go go. She was our energizer bunny. Lauren and Anna liked it, but they enjoyed the socializing too. Not at all surprised about that one. Uncle Kenny went so fast with Anna that she was either moving her little skates at super speed or they were dragging behind her while she held on for dear life. Allie looked adorable in her new little hat and coat, and Gavin brought a couple of girls from their ward to keep it fun and entertaining-and give us a reason to tease him. Aunt Carillisa was going to just visit but she saw the need to even out the adult-to-kid ratio. Thanks C. Jamile and Josh kept me company (at 7mos along) while I was the official coat/scarf/purse holder and photographer.
Grandma Jane was getting rid of an old skirt from somewhere when it was too big for the girls dress-ups. It reminded me of Lauren's Halloween costume as Little Red Riding Hood and an idea sparked. So with Mom's help I transformed the old skirt into a cute little hood for Lauren using some of the leftover satin from Alishia's wedding for part of the lining. She loved it! (Yay.) We played heavy-heavy-hangover with Lauren's gift opening. She loved it-she absorbs the lime light so dragging out her being the center of attention was almost as good as getting the gifts. I love that she gets so excited about her birthday! She's always been my birthday enthusiast.
Oh yeah, notice the flame? Feeling rushed to get to the rink in time I totally forgot about the candle and singing bit until someone mentioned it. I'd already given the birthday girl her requested brownie and chocolate ice cream, so I just put the seven candles in the middle of her little dessert. It took several huffs and puffs to blow it out and nearly lit her hair on fire in the process.
Happy Birthday my sweet birthday princess!





No comments:
Post a Comment