The Lincoln Tunnel spit us out right into the theater district. Talk about a first impression - it was awesome. Our goal was Central Park and Gray's Papaya for lunch. Both were great and we even found a descent place to park. Jon had to run back after lunch to find a more permanent place for the car. He left it on a side street "neighborhood" that was FREE. I didn't think that was possible in Manhattan.
Central Park was HUGE and we didn't even dent it before we were exhausted - especially Jon who pushed the stroller most of the time. It was beautiful. It's amazing how much you disappear as the crowd gets bigger. It was just us the whole day and yet we were surrounded by people. Does that make any sense? I thought we would stick out like a sore thumb with our stroller group - but nobody sticks out in New York. There were a couple of people who would go off on how cute the girls were. A few of them even took their pictures.
I was SUCH a tourist and took a million pictures. Okay not a million, but I did take 231. It was hard to pick the favorites so rather than use up all of the space I put them into these collages. Some of the architecture was so cool. You really should click on some of these to get the full detail...that is, if your into that kind of thing. In this first collage there is a picture of Lauren by the chic-flick bridge; we ate lunch on the benches four feet inland.






We drove past a couple of "movie makers/film crews" in front of the Rockefeller Center . If it hadn't been the end of long day we probably would have stuck around to see what it was.Oh yeah. One funny story - the girls and I were getting our picture taken in front of the Enchanted fountain and a couple of feet away were three fancy dressed thespians, or so I assumed. As we walked passed the transvestite spoke to the girls, which totally took me off guard because of his high pitched woman's voice. Out of a natural response to be polite I smiled and even laughed a little. When he didn't break "character" it occurred to me that, "Hello, Becky - we are in New York." This probably wasn't his costume - but who he was trying to BE. sigh. It makes me chuckle to think of it. How sad.
4 comments:
How fun!! I have yet to visit New York, but it is on my list. Glad you guys are doing well.
Andy
That is so fun! We loved visiting New York, and would love to go again! It really is a fun place to visit! When we went there, on my list of things to do was to get a Grays Papaya hot dog and eat it in Central Park, so that's funny that you did that too! I wonder if we went to the same Grays Papaya. What fun times!
I love New York and Central Park! It looks like you guys had fun :).
I'm so glad you posted these! I was watching for that famous bridge in Central Park and you got it. I'm envious! Someday I'll get there. What fun! I'm so glad you got to go.
Post a Comment