Rissie's beautiful hair
Yesterday Lauren confessed that she is sad that we had to cut her hair (the pool in Jersey fried her hair). In this conversation it came out that the reason she didn't want her haircut was so SHE would have the longest hair. I should have KNOWN this would happen, but I naively thought she wouldn't break THAT rule. Although, lately she's been considering herself her own agent. She doesn't ASK anymore. For example, a couple of days ago, she said, "Just to let you know, I'll be outside." I guess I should be glad she was at least letting me know. I brought her back to have her ask instead. So she asked. Then before she closed the door behind her she poked her head in to say, "Just to let you know, I'll be outside." I brought her back in and did the drill again. Then for the third time she poked her head back in again to "let me know". She clearly wasn't getting the message. Jon and I were chuckling, because she surely wasn't meaning to ignore my little drill. She was being cute - her sweet independent cute self.
(Not so cute today! Grrr. I am still mad!)
This was bound to happen eventually with three girls and could have been much worse, but that does NOT mean that I am OK with it! She wants to be the fastest, strongest, quickest, tallest, and any other "est" she can be. Now poor Rissie has a chop job on her beautiful hair. Maybe she needs attention? Not this time, she was shocked when Rissie blurted out the secret. What am I going to do with her??I am sure I am over reacting to this, but it's the last straw. I've been sick this week and in bed or on the couch. I just erased a venting list of too many things because it provoked too many unpleasant emotions and I was just getting started. :)
7 comments:
oh my, my my, becky. I am soo sorry! The oldest ones are defiant, aren't they! If it makes you feel any better, Kell cut her own hair this past week in the very front. it looks horrible. stinkers. Can't wait to see you. we love you!!
Maybe you should just take a break and come to Utah and let the kids hang out at my house for a while.
SHAVE LAURENS HEAD!!! That will teach her.
Actually, (don't tell Lauren) it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think you've don't very well to get this far without a huge disaster. Like as to the scalp set of bangs. :)
So wait. Lauren cut Rissie's hair because it was longer than her own??
Wow. That is some intense competition! lol!!
I'm glad things are coming together again for ya. *snicker* I think she's got a stylist future ahead of her - check out those graduated layers! Wow.
I had a very non-inspired RS lesson where someone used the podium as a soap box. I wanted to yell to the room, "Ladies you are not a bad mom because you have found yourself on the wrong side of magical motherhood. WHAT you do when you find yourself there is what defines you as a mother." Hang in there, you are a great mom!
i once tried to convince my little sister to cut her hair because i was cutting mine and i wanted MINE to be the longest so my mom cut my hair and i told her it was her turn and so she didn't cut it and that got me mad then finally her birthday came and her hair caught on fire so she had to cut it and when she cut it mine was already down to my shoulders and then we got even and she cut her hair again last March!
-kali
Post a Comment