"I am." Jon replied.
"Well, I've got this great place for rent if you and your family would like to move in. I'll make it worth your while." He then proceeded to tell Jon all of the accommodations and attributes of his house.
For any of you not aware, I found our place now on craigslist (after weeks of searching everyday). When I called on it the owner immediately guessed that we were Mormons when his caller ID read an "801" number. As it turns out, he was a Mormon too (we've since become good friends). He bent over backwards to get us into this place, but as we see it, this place was handed to us with a big red bow and a tag the read, "Your Welcome."
So back to our neighbor, Jon told him how great our Landlord has been to us and how much his wife did NOT want to move again. (Thanks Jon ;) He was persistent on us moving in, but in the end left the offer open if we were ever interested.
I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of how just being a Mormon provided us this great place to live AND offers on the table! I told Jon that the next time we move somewhere I'm just going to place an ad: "MORMONS SEEKING RENT", might save me some time searching. Ha ha!
***
Now, in reference to my previous post. I should probably clarify that I am doing much better. In fact, life is great. I probably shouldn't have vented my feelings on the blog, my poor worried mother-in-law was ready to put us on a plane and save me from my problems (she's so sweet). Unfortunately, flying on an airplane with four little kids and living out of a suitcase in somebody else's house doesn't exactly cure chaos, at least not in my book. My problems, are four sweet little munchkins, whom I love and adore, so here or there they are still with me. :) I've just discovered that I'm not allowed to get sick and expect to remain sane or at least have any order left in my house! As it stands, my house is back together, I am back together, and we're all happy.
4 comments:
I don't have kids, but when my house is torn apart, I get cranky, I can only imagine how amplified it would be with 4...:) I think it is okay to have a few bad days...and it is okay to vent too.
That's funny about your neighbor! What a compliment, eh? Maybe when we move next I'll just take out an ad like that and see what happens. :P
And don't worry about the vent. I think it's good to see that people have good times and bad so you appear more human. ;)
Ha Ha, I love the story about your neighbor. I'm sure the Mormon's would have been glad to have that reputation a hundred years ago.
Maybe he's been observing your beautiful little family. And it's OK, all mothers out there understand the need to vent, especially when we have to still be mothers when we are sick.
vent away, we are here for you!
Post a Comment